The Early Career Advisory Board (ECAB) of IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica (JAS) is pleased to present the Symposium Series 8 in 2022 Distributed Sensing, Transmission and Control for Surface and Underwater Cyber-Physical Systems, to be held online on August 13, 2022.
The Symposium Series is technically sponsored by the IEEE/CAA JAS and aims to provide a research venue for researchers, students, and control engineers to exchange ideas and discuss the technical trends and challenges in the area of automation science and engineering. The Series brings together a set of one day or half day symposia at a common site, currently being planned as an online event given the pandemic situation, but IEEE/CAA JAS will be monitoring the pandemic situation and will announce any modifications to this plan. The Series will run multiple times yearly and different symposium topics will be solicited from the current ECAB members.
The eighth Symposium Series is devoted to recent advances in Distributed Sensing, Transmission and Control for Surface and Underwater Cyber-Physical Systems, hosted by two ECAB members Prof. Jing Yan and Dr. Huimin Lu.
Accepted papers will be distributed as widely as possible over the subfields of Distributed Sensing, Transmission and Control for Surface and Underwater Cyber-Physical Systems. Most excitingly, all accepted papers will be recommended to and published in the IEEE/CAA JAS as Letter when passing peer review.
Call for Papers
Topics of contributing papers include, but are not limited to
● Detection strategies for underwater cooperative/uncooperative target;
● Communication protocols for surface vehicles;
● Communication protocols for underwater sensor networks;
● Underwater deployment, synchronization, localization;
● Co-design of transmission and control for surface and underwater vehicles;
● Co-design of sensing and control for surface and underwater vehicles;
● Surface-Underwater intelligent detection, recognition and optimization;
● Underwater information processing and intelligent management;
● Underwater networking and control;
● Surface localization and navigation;
● Control-aware distributed learning and sensing;
● Privacy and security for surface and underwater cyber-physical systems;
● Communication resource management for underwater sensing and control;
● New methods for learning-based control for underwater vehicles;
● Communication-aware relay and motion planning for surface and underwater cyber-physical systems;
● Experimental testbeds for marine sensing and control.
Contributed papers up to 3 to 4 pages (double column with font size being 9; the Word template can be found at https://www.ieee-jas.net/news/Information%20for%20Authors.htm）should be submitted by July 20, 2022 via online submission and review system: https://mc03.manuscriptcentral.com/ieee-jas
The submission should be noted on the first page with “Symposium Series 8”.
All the authors will receive the notification of acceptance/rejection by August 3, 2022.
Jing Yan (Yanshan University, China), IEEE/CAA JAS ECAB Member
Huimin Lu (Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan), IEEE/CAA JAS ECAB Member
School of Electrical Engineering, Yanshan University, China
School of Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica