The Early Career Advisory Board (ECAB) of IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica (JAS) is pleased to present the tenth Symposium Series in 2022 on recurrent neural networks: models and applications, to be held online on October 15, 2022.
The Symposium Series is technically sponsored by the IEEE/CAA JAS and aims to provide a research venue for researchers, students and control engineers to exchange ideas and discuss the technical trends and challenges in the area of automation science and engineering. The Series brings together a set of one day or half day symposia at a common site, currently being planned as an online event given the pandemic situation, but IEEE/CAA JAS will be monitoring the pandemic situation and will announce any modifications to this plan. The Series will run multiple times yearly and different symposium topics will be solicited from the current ECAB members.
The tenth Symposium Series is devoted to recent advances in novel recurrent neural network-based algorithms in challenging environments, hosted by two ECAB members Prof. Long Jin and Prof. Jianxing Liu.
Accepted papers will be distributed as widely as possible over the subfields of neural network design, analysis, and applications. Most excitingly, all accepted papers will be recommended to and published in the IEEE/CAA JAS as Letter when passing peer review.
Call for Papers
Topics of contributing papers include, but are not limited to
● Theory of recurrent neural networks for convergence, robustness, and other characteristics
● Innovative design of recurrent neural networks (for improving performance, continuous-time/discrete-time systems, software/hardware implementation, etc.)
● Recurrent neural network approaches to optimization and adaptive dynamic programming
● Distributed recurrent neural networks or distributed optimization for mathematics, control, etc.
● Recurrent neural networks related models or learning systems
● Applications of recurrent neural networks including robotics, multi-agent systems, and other fields of industrial intelligence
Contributed papers up to 3 to 4 pages (double column with font size being 9; the Word template can be found at https://www.ieee-jas.net/news/Information%20for%20Authors.htm）should be submitted by September 12, 2022 via online submission and review system: https://mc03.manuscriptcentral.com/ieee-jas
The submission should be noted on the first page with “Symposium Series 10”.
All the authors will receive the notification of acceptance/rejection by September 28, 2022.
Long Jin (Lanzhou University, China), IEEE/CAA JAS ECAB Member
Jianxing Liu (Harbin Institute of Technology, China), IEEE/CAA JAS ECAB Member
School of Information Science and Engineering, Lanzhou University, China
Department of Control Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica